Pilates for Dressage Riders
Pilates focuses on CHANGING HOW YOUR BODY MOVES.
It makes you aware of and corrects muscular imbalances that lead to postural misalignment. Build a strong foundation by strengthening your core stabilizing muscles and learn to use your arms and legs independently from your seat.
Pilates works because new patterns of movement are learned that carryover to horseback.
- Lengthens spine and strengthens deep core muscles which creates a stable base allowing arms and legs freedom of movement.
- Enhances suppleness of lower back allowing the rider to easily follow the horse’s movements for a more comfortable ride.
- Improves strength in upper back allowing the rider to maintain correct posture.
- Corrects muscular imbalances and postural misalignment.
- Improves coordination making it easier
to use subtler cues.
- Sculpts a sleeker stronger body with increased flexibility, balance and coordination for better body control.